Thursday, December 10, 2015

SHE"S THE ONE IN THE RED BLUE JEANS!


      Back in the mid 1950's there was a song by Gene Vincent entitled "Be Bop A Lula!" Just heard it the other day on the Burg Grocery intercom and brought back memories. First of all, there is a line in the song that says "red blue jeans." I am not sure if back in those days I ever say a girl wear a pair of red blue jeans?     

     Also, one time on the Steve Allen Show which was a comedy hour that ran against Ed Sullivan, Steve did a comedy bit and did a serious poem with the lyrics from Be Bop A Lula.
It was one of those things that was very funny at the time and watching Allen recite those words in a very stern way! ie: "She's my baby and I don't mean maybe!" Made me laugh! Right up there with Tuttie Fruttie! by Little Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment