Sunday, December 27, 2015

WHY CAN'T I FIX THAT OR WE ALL HAVE GIFT!

     Not too long ago I went to the local Napa auto store and got a blinker bulb that went out in my car. On some things one of the employees will come out and replace some items for you at no charge. I am that guy. 

       Of course, this young lady helped me and went right out and carefully pulled out a section of the front lighting panel and in less than 3 minutes my car was blinking perfectly.That was sort of embarrassing all though not as bad as one of my youngest grand-kids showing me the ins and outs of a lap-top or smart phone.

     My cousin,Larry Laverty, was a whiz at cars and he even built a lot of his own house all except maybe the wiring or plumbing. But, he could have! My brother-in-law- Clyde Eddy was probably one of THEE best auto mechanics in central Iowa if not east of the Rockies!

       My sister, Doris, worked at the Chevrolet dealership in Newton, Iowa and it dawned on me how I could become as knowledgeable about autos as my whiz bang relatives. I had her pick up the latest mechanic's manual on Chevrolet's. 

       I tried to simply sit down and absorb this book and know "everything" there  was to know about the workings under the hood of an automobile. It didn't work out as planned. There is something to be said about "it is in the genes." My conclusion was that I simply did not have what it takes with regard to mechanics.

        I  tried to keep telling myself that we all have some type of gift. I made a pretty god living in selling real estate and never was afraid to get up in front of a crowd to speak. As I am typing, I realize I do enjoy and am fairly good at telling stories and through those stories others may bring back their own fond memories and who knows some may even write their own stories to share.  Oh, by the way, I did replace a rear light bulb in my SUV without anyone's help! It did feel good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment