Thursday, December 24, 2015

SNOW SUITS TO T- SHIRTS & SHORTS!


      One observation that came to mind yesterday while working at the Burg Grocery was the attire of the younger crowd coming in  especially as to what they were wearing. Some of the kids that came in were wearing shorts, flip flops and short sleeve shirts. Now mind you I realize the temperature was in the 50's and fairly mild for this time of year but!

       It does seem that people are not dressing in the winter months with heavy clothes like I did when  was a younger man and as a kid. I am sure a lot of it is because we are darting from our garages into our fast warming cars and then right in to our inside destination. Maybe we are getting tougher?? No! Some clothing is lighter but can resist cold and heat better. 

     Some of my memories of winter gear as a kid seem very heavy by today's standards.  Snow suits, Parka's, big over shoes with buckles were the norm. It was a wonder we had any time left at recess after all the time it took to get the stuff on! And, oh that smell of mittens on the heat registers! 

       Just like the custom of  not wearing white after Labor Day, mine is and will be no shorts after I can see my breath in the fall or early winter unless I am walking the beach in some tropical paradise!   

No comments:

Post a Comment