Saturday, September 13, 2014

THE STRANGERS IN THE BOX

     This is a poem by Pam Harazim, which I included in the book of memories (A collection of personal and family- related short stories)in 2009.

     Come, look with me inside this drawer, in this box I've often seen. The pictures, black and white, faces proud, still and serene.
 
     I wish I knew the people these strangers in the box. Their names and all their memories are lost among the socks.
 
     I wonder what their lives were like, how they spend their days. What about their special times, I'll never know their ways.
 
     If only someone had taken the time to tell who, what and when. Those faces of my heritage would come to life again.
 
     Could this become the fate of the pictures we take today? The faces and the memories someday to be tossed away.
 
     Make time to save your pictures. Seize the opportunity when it knocks. Or someday you and yours could be the strangers in the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment