Saturday, September 20, 2014

HEY KIDS! DO YOU LIKE PIE?

      We have lived in Williamsburg, Iowa for nearly two years now and have just hit the "mother-load" on something incredible. A lady has been coming into the Burg Grocery and I never knew one of her "special talents."

     She makes pies and not just any ordinary pies. These pies are SUPURB! She used to make pies for one of the major restaurants in the Amana Colony years ago.

     When I heard all this, it was decided to give her a try. She lives right in town and only charges $5.00 a pie. So far Peach, Cherry, Banana Cream, Raisin Crème, Chocolate, and, currently, Coconut Crème has been DEVOURED.

     The only complaint so far has been that there were too many raisins in that pie. I'm not real fond of the expression "to die for," but, it fits here. The crusts are just right and the meringue looks like something made for a commercial!

     If you are ever close to the "Burg" or doing a shopping spree to the Tanger Outlet, you may want to consider putting an order in via me. No! I am not giving her name out at this point. Not sure I want to share too much!! 

     P.S. Her home is immaculate and did I mention she charges only $5.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment