Sunday, February 14, 2016

WHEN COORS WAS A BIG DEAL & NOW!


       When I was young kid back in the 1950's and 1960's with everything there weren't as many choices like today!It seemed around central Iowa, at least, the only beer that was a "big deal" was Coors because it wasn't marketed at that time this far east. And, when something is scarce or difficult to obtain, you want it even more. If you went to Colorado, you were expected to bring back a case or two. To be honest I am not sure it was all that great.

      Also, back then the main beers were Budweiser, Hamm's, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and Schlitz! I am sure there were others and a few other regional beers. I remember going to a Yankee baseball game back in the late 1960's and their big local beer was Schaefer's!

      And now there is no end. The other day I saw a cases of beer stacked in the back room at our Burg Grocery with names like Redd's Coney Island, Henry's Hard Soda, Blue Moon, Mike's Hard Mango Punch, and John's White Ale. And that's  just a small sample. I don't want to even get started on wines! I am thankful that I don't partake of alcohol in any form. It seems like to much work trying to figure out what to buy that will go best with certain foods and occasions! These days if I want to live it up I order a Diet Coke with a twist of lime!  Woopee!

No comments:

Post a Comment