Tuesday, February 23, 2016

NO SAD MEMORIES TOTALLY WHEN YOU CAN COOK!


     There always seems to be an upside to lots of things in life even when or during times when we no longer are with that significant person for whatever the reason. In my own personal situation one of those upsides is when it comes to cooking and/or eating. 

     Sometimes you hear about a man whose wife has passed away and he is totally lost because she has done all the cooking and he doesn't even know how to boil water. Or, the wife that has never paid the bills and doesn't know how to balance a check book.

       Well. the good news, in my own particular situation, is that I enjoy cooking and have done it for years while in a long term relationship. Don't get me wrong. My signifcant was a great cook and did on ocassion, especially the Holidays. Also, I have always done my own laundry, and my own clothes selections. I have always enjoyed going to the Iowa State Fair by myself as it makes it much simpler to decide what to eat or do next.

       Even going to Iowa Hawkeye football games on my own as my ex-significant didn't care for watching the sport,  I can go to on my own as I have no problem talking to others and taking in all the pageantry without necessarily sharing the event with another.

       Don't get me wrong as I prefer the company of someone who is a good conversationalist and someone to share  attending a good concert, movie, dinner out, and also sharing good memories of a day trip or longer scenic trip. All will work out as it is supposed to in due time. At least for now, I can enjoy once a day or more a favorite meal. And, it will be something I prepared and not have to shy away because of sad memories that "someone else" prepared it. Of course, if that was the situation it wouldn't be all bad, as it would be a good way to lose some weight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment