Sunday, February 14, 2016

I JINXED WARM DESTINATIONS!


      Some of the snow birds are arriving back home now and, of course, we have to hear all about how warm it was there and to really rub it in they let you know that one evening when they went out for dinner they had to wear a sweater because the temperature had dropped down in the evening to the high 60's! Too bad!

      I have been and gone to warm destinations during the winter months and have too enjoyed very comfortable weather. But, the first time I went to Florida in 1980 they had a huge cold spell with lots of ice. I remember walking the beaches with a ski vest that I owned. The first time I had been to Las Vegas in the late 1960's and getting off the airplane I remember that it was snowing. Also, while in Dallas for a football play-off game with the Chicago Bears in the late 1970's, the area had one of the worst ice-storms in recent memory. To insure good weather always go somewhere with guaranteed weather like Hawaii or Acapulco!

       When you are at this end and you hear stories about people going to a "paradise" destination and hear that they experienced bad weather somehow we get a bit of a sadistic kick out of their mis-fortune Especially, if we are back here in the north country suffering away with sub-zero temperatures and blizzard conditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment