Tuesday, February 23, 2016

KEY LARGO & ASKING THE RIGHT PERSON!


      With so many people returning from winter vacations, it reminded me of another story while in Florida many years ago.It was in the 1980's and my Ex and I were returning from Key West and heading back to Miami to get ready for an Incentive Cruise leaving the following day. 

      It was about 4 pm in the afternoon and we were not very far from Key Largo. It dawned on me that it would be cool to have supper or dinner, if you prefer, in Key Largo. I guess mainly because I always liked the movie from the same name. 

        When we arrived in town, I decided to stop and ask someone to recommend a nice restaurant with a good view of the Gulf and where we could see a sunset easily.  We stopped at a nearby hotel and a very nice lady advised that we consider a restaurant called the "Italian Fisherman." It was a fine restaurant with outdoor seating and right on the beach with a great view of the sunset. The key was stopping and asking someone who appeared to know what I was seeking. Other words if you are looking for a nice eatery don't stop at a Quick Trip and ask a young guy. He will probably point you to a nearby Burger King! (Not that there is anything wrong with a Burger King!)  From the line in the Music Man. "But, you got to know the Territory!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment