Tuesday, February 16, 2016

THE OLD PIE PAN-IT WASN'T!


       This past week while assisting a lady to her car with groceries I spotted on the floor what appeared to be an extremely old metal pie pan. She indicated that it was an old pie pan that her mother had years ago and proceeded to give me some additional history on it. 

       I mentioned that my mother had one that I inherited and still have stored away. But, I told her that mine was an old motion picture reel that was as a pie pan by my mother as long as I could remember.

      Sure enough, I reached down and turned it over and engraved on the back was Kodak and some additional wording. I have never researched why or how ladies got their hands on these movie "cans" and then used them as dessert tins. I told her the only reason I knew that it probably was a movie tin rather than just a plain pie carrier was seeing several at antique auctions that I attended through the years.

       She asked me what I thought it might be worth and I told her I would not want to speculate and besides it was not in very good condition. Besides, I told her that sometimes family items are just "priceless" because of sentimental value. She agreed!

No comments:

Post a Comment