Monday, October 2, 2017

YOU SHOULDN'T REMEMBER, YOU'RE ONLY SEVEN!


       When my youngest grandson, Grant, was up to my home in Marshalltown for a week-end visit on or around 2003 the following happened. Grant was about seven and we were on our way on a Saturday morning to who knows where. 

         I had my radio on and the Oldies station in Des Moines, KIOA, was playing mainly tunes from the 1950's and 60's. The song that was playing was by the group Guess Who a rock group popular in the late 1960's and early 70's. Grant glanced down out the radio and said---"I haven't heard them for awhile!" My response was "Would do you mean for awhile, you shouldn't even have heard of them!" 

        I couldn't believe it at the time and still don't. He was only seven. OK, maybe eight! He has turned out to be a bright kid and that incident was telling me something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment