Friday, October 27, 2017

TABOO, BUT, LOVELY EVENING!


       With the passing of Fats Domino this past week, it brought some memories of times past involving R&R moments. One that came to mind also had a lesson in life of sorts. 

       When I was a teenager back in the early 1960's, somehow I met a young girl from Marshalltown, Iowa and I asked her to attend a rock concert that was held at the Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines, Iowa. 

       My young dark haired date's name was Maria and she attended St. Mary's High School and at the time lived on west Lincoln Way. I don't recall how we came to know one another as I was from Laurel and a Methodist kid and she a Catholic and attending a private high-school.

        It didn't matter. She was a lovely and well mannered young lady and we had a wonderful time driving all the way down to the big city and witnessing the likes of Joey Dee and the Starliter's who was big during the Twist era and recorded and made famous the song "Peppermint Twist.

       I don't believe I ever went out with Maria again, but, it was a magical evening and one that I will cherish always.   





No comments:

Post a Comment