Tuesday, October 10, 2017

BRING THE MARKET TO YOU!


     This past week, I placed an want ad with our local "advertising paper" attempting to see if anyone is looking for help, at least,  for the Holiday Season. I know I can go around and apply here and there, but, I thought I would give it a shot by bringing the market to me!

         My best success at that concept was during the New Year's of the millennium-2000. I was living in Marshalltown, Iowa at the time and was invited to this Gala event(Governor's Ball) in Des Moines, Iowa and it was Black Tie. 

 Since, I didn't own a tuxedo, I had a problem. I placed an ad in the local Pennysaver wanting to buy a tuxedo, size, etc. I received just one phone call from a fellow out on old highway 30. His was exactly my size(at the time) with two ties, cumber-bun, shirt, cuff-links, and even black Patent Leather shoes that fit perfectly.

       I never wore the outfit again, but, the price I paid was still less than renting! My advice. If you are looking for something try bringing the market to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment