Wednesday, October 4, 2017

COMEDIAN THOUGHT I WAS FUNNY!


     My main hang-out when I was single back in the late 1970's was the Cabaret Lounge tucked away at the rear of a small strip mall off University Blvd. in Clive, Iowa. One individual I got to know fairly well was a fellow from Boone, Iowa, a salesman of sorts and a week-end semi-professional comedian who did stand-up and places like Holiday Inns.

       He was a funny guy and he could make you laugh by almost just looking at his then face. He was of Irish descent and we made a week night cock-tail sessions of laughter at one of the front tables.

        One thing that always made me feel good was that I could make him laugh and laugh a lot. It just made me feel good to know that I could make a comedian laugh and he thought I was funny! For the life of me I cannot remember his name, but, I can still see his face of laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment