Thursday, October 5, 2017

SWIMMING POOL GAME A BIG HIT!


        One game that I actually invented and involved just my grand-kids was a swimming pool game. Quite frequently, when my crew would visit my home in Marshalltown, when they were little, we would all pack up and drive out to the Amercinn Motel on old highway 30 on the south edge of town.

         For about $3.00 each person, they would allow to come in and use their swimming pool. It wa a great value and entertainment source with kids. You could spend 2 or 3 hours and not have to ever buy them anything like popcorn or a beverage. It was just play, play, and play some more.

         One game that I came up with was v called the "Buckin' Bronco!" One of the kids could get on my back and pretend to put a quarter in the back of my neck. Then I would slowly twist and turn and try to get them off me. No one ever got hurt and sometimes it was difficult to get them off unless the Bronco decided it could do a little "tickling!"

       Obviously, as the kids got older the game became less popular as the old Bronco could not twist quite as easily. It was a great game for awhile along with the "Shark" game when I would start making the sound from the movie "Jaws" and try to catch the fleeing and giggling kid! Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment