Tuesday, October 7, 2014

TV PROGRAMS-DONNA INGRAHAM'S MEMORIES

      As I look back, our TV programs were very innocent and in black and white. The TV had to be adjusted with the test pattern. Frequently you had to move the rabbit ears for better reception. I loved Howdy Dowdy, Miss Francis from Ding Dong School, Captain Video, and Captain Kangaroo. My favorite was Roy Rogers. Along with his wife Dale Evans, Bullet, Trigger, and Nelle Belle he always got the bad guys. My favorite school outfit was my cow girl skirt, vest, hat with little pompoms on it that moved when I walked, and cowgirl boots. I also, of course, had my six shooters but my mother would not let me wear those to school. They were cap guns that you can no longer buy!! A few years ago I got to meet Dale Evans and she signed my boots and my vest. What a thrill. I told her that I really didn't like her because she had Roy who was my hero!! Oh, to have good guys like Roy again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment