Friday, October 10, 2014

DONNA INGRHAM MEMORIES-TEACHERS

     We had many teachers in elementary school and most of them were very good teachers. I had a few favorites. My first grade teacher is one I remember vividly. I spent the whole first grade year crying and sitting on her lap. I have no idea why I was so upset other than that my oldest sister had married and was no longer in high school. I was very close to her and probably missed her terribly. Our first grade teacher even came back to Laurel when we had our 50th class reunion. In 5th grade we had a total of 5 teachers because our main teacher had a nervous breakdown. It is no wonder because we were quite a handful. There at least 16 boys at any one time and not more than 5 girls. For the most part we were an  obedient group because we knew if we didn't behave our parents would hear about it. That was to be avoided at all costs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment