Monday, August 14, 2017

STATE FAIR/MIDWAY MEMORY!


       Just before I decided I had enough of the Fair, I took a stroll into the Midway area to see if I could find a memory or two of by gone years. I found two side by side. First thing I spotted was a "Wonder Bar" stand. That is always my last thing I get to eat before leaving as my dessert. I didn't realize that there was a stand right inside the Midway. And, it was only $3.00 I was a little suspicious as nothing seems to be that cheap at the fair any longer. It was delicious, normal size and I'm still alive!

       Second, right next to the Wonder Bar place was the game where you throw the ball and attempt to knock over 3 milk bottles which we all know must be made of lead. None while I sat at a bench nearby were ever knocked all over. One bottle never ever seemed to move an inch.

       It did bring back a memory when a Laurel class-mate and I, while attending the State Fair as young teenagers, played this very same game.  The Carny at the time egged me on to keep trying and took me for $10.00. A lot of money for the late 50's or early 1960's. It taught me one lesson in life. I never played any type of game ever again at a fair or carnival! 

No comments:

Post a Comment