Sunday, August 20, 2017

I'VE BECOME A GROUPIE-OF SORTS!


      Last night, Saturday August 19,2017, I headed to the Wildwood Saloon just east and outside of Iowa City, Iowa, to watch my favorite Iowa based band--The Fez--Tribute to Steely Dan. I have seen this band approx. 5 times and I never ever get tired of hearing and watching them. 

      I have said it before that this 15 piece group has to be one of the most talented and entertaining home grown groups going today. The songs are what the original Steely Dan band made famous with lyrics and a musical sound simply timeless. Not too heavy not too fluffy--just right!

       What was fun last night was sitting next to and visiting with a couple from Cedar Rapids who follows them all over. And, has seen them over 15 times plus many many other top R&R groups. Sometimes we think we are the only one that likes or is in to something. To watch the crowd that was there and singing along during most songs was so fun. Maybe I should run for their Fan Club(Senior) President?   

No comments:

Post a Comment