Tuesday, August 8, 2017

REMEMBER THOSE FROSTY MALTS?


         A mother and her two youngsters checked out at the Burg Grocery and the kids were carrying Frosty Malts. It immediately took me back to another time`.

          After I graduated from Drake University, in Des Moines, Iowa, back in the late 1960's, I maintained season tickets for  Drake Bulldog basketball. The games then were played in Vet's Auditorium.

         One of the vendor's, that walked up and down the isles constantly,  was selling Frosty Malts and was constantly chanting---"Get your Frosty Malts-Malts-Malts!" After you bought one you would open up the cardboard lid, un-wrap the little wooden spoon, and then wait a short time for the ice-cream to melt a little. 

          But, not being very patient, I would start in digging the hard ice-cream and was always hoping that I didn't break that little spoon. By the time I got to the bottom of the container some time later,  the ice-cream had soften for the last two or three bites! What a great treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment