Thursday, August 31, 2017

MY MOM-LAST "PEPPER GAME!"


       This coming Sunday will be my mother's Doris May Smith Laverty Korte, birthday. (9/3/1913.) I will not be stating what age she would be if alive as I have never cared for that distinction. Anyone can do the math if they want.

         Through our lifetime, we all have probably stated how we would like to pass on or and/or where. Mine used to be I thought I would like to have a quick passing while cheering on my favorite Hawkeyes at Kinnick stadium. I don't feel that way today as I wouldn't want all the commotion and disruption of the game. 

         Although my mother's passing was somewhat untimely on that April evening in 2003, it was fairly quick prior to her getting ready for bed. One good memory of that evening will always be that I was able to play a few hands of her favorite card game--Pepper. I'm sure besides her saying that she would have wanted her entire family with her,  playing that fast paced card game would have been on her top 5 list!

No comments:

Post a Comment