Thursday, August 10, 2017

I CAN HANDLE HEAVY TRAFFIC BUT!


       This past Tuesday afternoon, August 8, 2017, I drove from Williamsburg to Urbandale, Iowa to meet up with long-time friends, Jerry and Judy Roberts for an evening dinner at Jesse's Ember's in Des Moines. 

          Driving I-80 west to Des Moines, the traffic seemed fairly heavy, but, steady. And, don't get me wrong, I don't mind heavier traffic as having lived in Des Moines for 30 years and traveling around the country through the years.

        But, now living in a small community where I drive maybe 10 blocks to a destination, I have geared down and become more accustomed to light traffic. Also, while on I-80, my mind kept flashing to western Nebraska where I drove through this early Spring. Especially, along the old Oregon trail  near Scottsbluff, where I didn't meet one car for miles.

       Maybe it is just age, somewhat, but, when I travel now I do try to avoid larger cities and travel during off- season when traffic is lighter. Don't  mis-understand me, I own a five speed car, still enjoy a little race along the way and the occasional thrill of some rush-hour traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment