Friday, August 11, 2017

SPEAKING OF HOT STUFF!


     I just told the story about the lady eating "too hot to handle" soup, at least for her. I'm also one of those people who is not a big fan of spicy hot food. However, there was a hot item that I loved that was "discreetly" hot.

       The restaurant is no longer in existence, but, there was an eatery called "Mustard's" last operating in Windsor Heights, Iowa. I loved going there from as early as the late 1960's when it first opened Forrest Avenue near what was Harding Road and later became ML King Parkway.

         They made one of my favorite all time Burgers. The one I always purchased was called the Hungry Man Special. They mixed in the condiments finally chopped hot peppers. You really didn't taste or feel the heat as you were eating it.

          But, like a delayed reaction little beads of sweat would first appear on my forehead and then the hair on the back of my head would start dripping. My kids and later my grand-kids always loved waiting for the "show" to begin while staring at my head. That heat was delicious and yet didn't burn my mouth. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment