Saturday, August 12, 2017

A BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR THE IA STATE FAIR!


      I'm trying to hold my enthusiasm, but, by mid-afternoon I will be headed to Des Moines for where it is happening this week in the state of Iowa. At 9AM there are clear blue skies and temperatures to be only in the 70's. 

        I intend to just take my time in getting there, parking in my usual off  fair ground area of Des Moines Street on a locals front yard. First order will be eating my favorite Fair sandwich, the "Gizmo!" Then, who knows. A stroll through the Varied Industries Bldg., a look at the Big Pig and the Livestock area, up the hill for a sweep through the Cultural Building, and then a ride at dusk on the overhead Chairlift Glider for a beautiful view of the Grand Concourse.

         I just hope I don't chicken out on staying later to watch the Tribute Pink Floyd Band at the Mid-American free stage! On the way home, I hope my Chicago Cubs can win one for me! Even if they lose, nothing can spoil one of my favorite events of the year!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment