Monday, August 14, 2017

STATE FAIR/ DISAPPOINTMENT!


       Some of my disappointment of something I intended on doing and didn't is also with a little anger thrown in. My intention was to stick around till 8 PM and catch the Pink Floyd Tribute(imitation) Band that was playing at the free stage up the hill by the Cultural Building.

       First of all, each year I usually hoof it right the "the hill" and catch all the photos and art in the Cultural Building. I was going to tie the two things together later that evening. The problem was that I had done about everything I wanted to do and see by only 5:30PM. 

       The thought of just "hanging out" until 7 or 8 PM seemed just too long and driving home and being in my Laz-E-Boy at an early hour seemed more inviting and comfortable. Damned getting older! I will get up that hill next year--I'll take the Sky-Ride up one way or the John Deere Express that is available and then walk down. I should be thankful I did go and now have good memories of the day! 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment