Saturday, May 27, 2017

SHEER FRIGHT UP & DOWN MY SPINE!


       Some one the other day was talking about scary moments if their life. It didn't take long  for me to relate back to one of my most chilling moments. If this one isn't the scariest, it comes in close.
        It took place in Marshalltown while I was cleaning an office at 3rd Avenue and Church Street. It was a Saturday morning and I was in the process of taking out the trash and placing it in a dumpster adjacent to the building. 

        When I opened the lid to the dumpster and detected some motion going on inside with all the trash, and, at first it didn't compute what I was witnessing. Then, a guy straightened up and proceeded to climb out and walk down the alley without saying a word. 

         I was stunned and the hair on the back of my neck did rise straight up, I'm sure. It could have been worse if he would have said--"Boo or Gotcha!" I'm sure it did take a month or two off my life! Anyway,  I never will forget that moment.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment