Monday, May 15, 2017

DIDN'T HAVE THE SAME FEEL!


         Yesterday, Sunday May 14, 2017, I drove to Iowa City and attended an Iowa Hawkeye baseball game. I have been wanting to do it since moving to Williamsburg five years ago or so and being close-by.

        It was a beautiful sunny afternoon. On arriving and purchasing my ticket for only $7.00 general admission, I found a seat a few rows straight back from home plate. I was late getting there as I thought the game start was 2PM, but, it had started at 1 PM and was in the 3rd inning and the Hawkeyes were behind 6-2 against the Ohio Buckeyes. 

         Despite the fact that there was a good crowd of 1,000 plus, just guessing, and the fact that the whole complex was absolutely beautiful, something just didn't get me all excited. Adjacent sets the Kinnick stadium and my thoughts drifted to the football season not too far off and how I can't wait to be sitting in that stadium and all its glory.

       Maybe I'm too much in to the Chicago Cubs and the I-Cubs of Des Moines, that I can't get all gooey about the Hawkeyes baseball. At least I gave it a shot and I'm glad I did. After the 5th inning, I got up from my seat and headed to my car. Turning on the radio, I learned my Chicago Cubs were losing to the Cards 4-0! Did I mention that at least it was a beautiful sunny day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment