Thursday, May 4, 2017

HEY KIDS-YA' LIKE A GREEK SALAD?


      My biggest "claim to fame" at least in influencing a menu with a well known restaurant was the following.  Back in the 1970's and 80's there was a popular restaurant called  The Wall Street and was located near 35th Street (WDM) and University in Clive.

       Due to my love of a Greek salad from the days of Johnny's Vet's Club in West Des Moines and my art of persuasion, I was able to convince the manager of the eatery to include the Greek salad to their menu. It always made me feel good that it was a big hit. 

       If you have never had a Greek salad--lettuce of your choice, chopped onion, chopped tomato, Kalamara olives(Greek olives) Feta cheese, and vinegar and oil--then you are in for a treat. I have seen or had Greek salads in different ways, but, my favorite modification is changing the cheese to blue cheese.(Maytag if available) Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment