Wednesday, May 31, 2017

LAST TIME JOGGING!!


       For years and years I have gotten up in the morning and "power walk" for at least 25-30 minutes. I have no idea how far I walk in terms of miles that I am usually asked. To me it doesn't matter. What is important is that I do it and do it on a regular basis. 

         One thing I may try to do along with my walk is a little jogging. I can't remember the last time I actually ran or jogged at any speed. Yesterday morning I gave it a try and "jogged" for a half block. This morning I just couldn't make myself to do it,but, give me time. I will. My goal is to start with that half block and work up to another 20 yards or so and keep going. Maybe it makes no difference if I can jog/run or not. It's just the fact that it is something that I still want to not just "write-off." As they say "if you don't use it you lose it." 

         As a youngster, I was a pretty good runner. Not real fast, but, pretty fair. I saw something on TV where men that were over 90 were running a competitive 100 meter race. They weren't fast, but, they were moving and giving it their best. Besides, if my old classmate and friend Tony Preston can play tennis and soft-ball, he least I can do is jog a few blocks every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment