Wednesday, May 3, 2017

BREAKFAST WORTH THE PRICE!


       One of my life long passions while traveling is finding that special place to start the day. This story all started with a first morning breakfast while staying at the Surf Rider Hotel on Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Hawaii.  I was staying there during an incentive trip that I had qualified for when selling real estate back in the late 1970's and 1980's. 

          That first morning I was excited and got up early and went down to the cafe in the hotel. As I recall the breakfast was quite good and comparable to our own Village Inn in West Des Moines. However, when I got the check I just about flipped out with  the amount! After glancing at the tab, I immediately looked up and glanced out the window. 

       In my view were these beautiful waves rolling toward me from the adjacent beach with clear blue skies over-head. I realized in an instant that despite` the fact that my check was a little high, that view could not be enjoyed in a booth looking out at University Avenue`and 22nd Street in good ol' WDM. No Sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment