Tuesday, May 23, 2017

ESTES GETAWAY/ OFF SEASON HA!


       One reason I pick May to go to Colorado is the skiers have pretty much left and the summer crowd has not arrived yet. And, normally the rate of lodging is less. I knew from traveling through there a year ago that I wanted to stay at a lodge along the Fall River Road where the Fall River flows by, with the mountains as a back drop and the Rocky Mountain National Park entrance less than half mile away. 

      I was wrong in assuming that these lodging facilities along this area would be fairly "cheap" during May. The first two places I scoped out were in the $100 plus-- plus range. The third place, The Inn on Fall River, quoted me right $100 with king bed and deck looking right at and adjacent to Fall River. 

       Even though I thought these places along Fall River Road would be cheaper than the $100-$150 range, I soon realized that my thinking is like a lot of "older" people. It's like remembering when a candy bar was a nickel. I did settle on the third place, The Inn, as I also settled on the theory of-- "you only live once." 

       My room was absolutely clean, updated in every way, fireplace and yet the decor was a throwback to the fifties with a western flair and just plain warm and  comfy! To be able to sit on that deck and watch and listen to that mountain stream was priceless. Plus, I left my sliding glass door open slightly and enjoyed that "sound" during the night. Just the  experience of staying there in that setting will  never be forgotten! 

No comments:

Post a Comment