Tuesday, May 23, 2017

ESTES GETAWAY/NEVER GETS OLD!


        On Monday, 5/22/2017, I got an early start and headed back up to the Rocky Mountain National Park on Falls River Road just on the edge of Estes. Even before I could put my car into third gear on Fall River Road and heading for the Park entrance, a female Elk nonchalantly walked across the road in front of me. It was kind of a cool way to get a bright sunny day going.

        From there, I entered the Park so early that the Rangers were not at their posts yet. To witness and experience those majestic heavily snow covered  mountains on a crisp, sunny, early morning with clear blue skies was something to behold. It never gets old. And, to just stand there with binoculars viewing the shear magnitude of Long's Peak at over 14,000 feet still gives me shivers. I will be back and may just make an annual pilgrimage at least!   

No comments:

Post a Comment