Saturday, June 11, 2016

YOU KNOW WHEN YOUR GETTING REALLY REALLY OLD!


       When talking to just about anybody that is maybe half my age , I never pretend, when talking about music, to assume they have heard of any singers or groups from the 1950's or 60's for that matter. But, when mentioning someone like "Steely Dan" from the 1970's I think that person might have at least heard of the musician. 

       That wasn't the case the other day at the Burg Grocery. The lady I was talking to I would have bet "not quite the farm" that she had heard of this group-"Hey Nineteen!" The problem is even though I have done a pretty good job of keeping up with 5 decades of music, when I get into the 90's or the last few years, I start shaking my head when someone mentions a recent group! Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment