Saturday, June 18, 2016

MY GRANDMA SMITH & HER WHITE SKIN!


       My Grandma Smith lived to well into her mid nineties. Her skin was ivory white and even at her late years she had very few wrinkles. It was a gene that got passed along to not only my mother, but, to both my sisters. 

      When I look around and see especially women that are what I would call "sun worshipers," I just wonder what their skin will be like at later years. I am not sure a whole lot of sun ever hit any part of my grandmothers body. She always wore a hat or bonnet while outside along with a long sleeved shirt. 

       Even my dad and uncles while working on the farm always wore long sleeved shirts and hats. Personally, I like seeing a young or an elderly lady with ivory skin. Maybe all the scares with skin cancer today has changed some of the thinking that a "great" tan is the ultimate thing to being beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment