Sunday, June 12, 2016

WHEN DINING EXPERIENCE GOES SOUTH!!


       Dining out has always been one of my life's little and sometimes major pleasures. Dining out or at home is something to enjoy as a pleasurable experience, not just something to do because you are hungry.

       But, like all of life's experiences things can go wrong on occasion. Some of the following observations while dining out can leave me- let's say a little edgy!

       First, when you are seated by the hostess and ten no one acknowledges your presence for a certain period of time-maybe 5 minutes or so. You get that feeling about then that the experience may not be good especially if you can't also spot who your waitress is. 

      Second, too many choices or decisions relative to the sides are being offered-types of dressings, "pepper" on your selection, all the wines, beers and in some cases just too many menus! Let's not forget the size of the portions-too much, but, more profit! If you comment about that "big" salad, the waitress will simply say "Oh! You can share it or take it home with you and have it tomorrow"! No, All I want is a smaller salad, cheaper and to eat it here and now! Besides, I don't care for taking home left-overs. Tomorrow is a new day and I want to move on with new eating experiences. 

      Next, at the end of the meal and waiting patiently for the bill, the waitress drops off the tab by saying "I'll get this when you are ready." She does this as she is walking by and I want to just grab her because I am ready now! I have learned to stop her in her tracks and glance at the bill and then send her on her way.

        Lastly, I've never understood why waitresses or waiters feel compelled to clear the dishes from the table, then leaving you sitting there for an unreasonable period of time. Once I am done eating and sitting there with dirty dishes or not, just give me the check and let's move on!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment