Saturday, June 18, 2016

UMPIRE KELLED OVER!


     The hot weather that we experience last week, reminded me why it is so important to drink plenty of liquids while out in severe heat. It also. of course, reminded me of a story with that lesson in mind. 

      A few years ago I was in Des Moines watching my grand-daughter, Ciera, playing in a soft-ball game. The game was played in a ball park in a  low lying area down my a river. This particular day it was extremely hot and with very little breeze if any!

      The umpire for this particular game had been out on the field for quite some time and had not stopped to drink any kind of liquids nor did anyone offer anything to him. Then it happened. Late in the game he just fell over! And, he was a fairly young guy. The ambulance came and took him away. I never knew if he was OK, but, assumed he was. After that, anytime attending a grand-kids game and between an inning, I always went up and asked the umpire if he needed anything!  

No comments:

Post a Comment