Saturday, June 4, 2016

BALLROOM @ SWISHER, IOWA?


       As a result of getting a window cleaning job in Swisher, Iowa, with an offer I couldn't refuse, resulted in learning something else in the process. After I mentioned the above to someone in Williamsburg, this person mentioned that Swisher has or had a famous ballroom called the Dance-Mor! I had never heard of it, but, after some research it sounds as if it might be closing after decades of operation. When I go up there next week I plan on checking it out further.

    I have many many fond memories of attending dances and functions at the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake, Iowa and the Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines, Iowa. These old ballrooms were very special, magical and represents a time that probably will never be repeated!

No comments:

Post a Comment