Sunday, June 19, 2016

WALK THE WALK OR THOUSAND WORDS ARE BETTER!


      There was an article in this week's Des Moines Register about recommendations to dads on this Father's Day about writing stories from the past. For example, telling about first job, school events, Holiday memories, family events and on and on with suggestions to get dad to tell a little about himself. 

       That's what I have been advocating for years and will never feel guilty because I didn't do it. Maybe I have actually over done it with over 1200 stories and/or posts to my Blog site as of this just two years ago. And, several hundred that I have written prior to my Blog and am trying over time to include those on my site.

     If you are thinking of encouraging your dad or mother to write make an outline of precise stories or topics you would like them to write about. Don't just hand them a pen or tape-recorder and say "Well start talking or writing!" That will be dead in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment