Tuesday, June 14, 2016

DO AS I SAY & DO--SMELL THE ROSES!


       It seems like I keep running into people that haven't traveled or traveled very much in their lifetime and not because they financially can't. A lady the other day at the Burg Grocery asked me how my trip out west was that my sister, Doris, and I took a month ago. 

      She mentioned that her husband, a farmer, has never liked to travel or couldn't because of commitments on the farm. They do drive to Texas to visit a son or daughter on ocassion and her husband has promised to possibly go to New Mexico the next time. They are 75 years old! I looked her right in the eye and said "You better get going!"

       I guess I have been very fortunate that I have been able to travel, had the parents that enjoyed traveling, we were farmers, and that took us places. Sometimes, I think what you don't know won't hurt you, but, if you are thinking of traveling get going. It IS later than you think. PS I am working on my next trip this fall. Can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment