Tuesday, June 7, 2016

CAJUN GROUP ELECTROFIZES IOWA CITY ART FESTIVAL


    This past Saturday night, 6/4/2016, I drove to Iowa City to attend the Arts Fest. Well, not really to view art, but, to see the musical entertainment that evening. The one group that I was anxious to see was Buckwheat Zydeco. I had seen this group at the New Orleans Jazz Festival years ago and they were very lively energizing. They didn't make it. Evidently Buckwheat couldn't make it and was replaced by a Cajun band called Beau Solei. These guys were straight from Louisiana and were the real deal.

      This group came right out of the blocks with an electric fiddle and Concertina. From the very first number to the last, they gave out foot stomping, hand clapping and making you want to dance even by yourself kind of music.This was one of the best groups of any kind kind I have seen in a long time that just never let up. I could become a Groupie real easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment