Sunday, June 26, 2016

I SAW ELVIS THIS PM!


    I saw one of the most enjoyable musicals this afternoon at the Old Creamery Theatre in Amana. It was called the "Million Dollar Quartet." It takes place on December 4, 1956 at Sun Recordings recording studio. Four of R & R's greatest recording artists met there at different stages in their recording careers. It was Elvis, Carl Perkins, (Blue Suede Shoes) Johnny Cash, and Jerry Lee Lewis along with the head of Sun Records, Sam Phillips.

     The performing group was as good as it gets for a small production and in this small but fabulous theater that only seats approx. 350 with great stadium seating.  And, it was packed on its last day of a 30 day run. All the actors were well versed in the various instruments that they played. It took me back to when I was barely in junior high with lots of happy memories as I was really into R & R at a very early age. I still have most of my 45 rpm records. Jerry Lee was one my favorites! 

No comments:

Post a Comment