Saturday, January 10, 2015

THE BEST RECIPE SOMETIMES WINGING IT!

     It has been a long time since I have made beef stroganoff. My usual way any more is to google up something from Taste of Home because most of their recipes are fairly simple and not  too fancy or exotic.

    I actually "lost" the recipe on the internet and was in a hurry to get to the Burg Grocery for work. I ended up buying what I could remember and some things I didn't remember. It turned out to be the BEST ever. Now I am writing it down. To me it was that good.

     BEEF STROGANOFF

     1  1 lb. of sirloin tip sliced thin 1 inch in length against grain
        
       1 10 1/2 oz. beef consomme
      1 10 1/2 oz. cream of mushroom soup
      1 8 oz, container of sour cream
      1 8 oz. package of fresh mushrooms sliced
      2 or 3 cups egg noodles-follow cooking instructions

      Cut up meat into strips and marinate 2 hours at least in zip lock bag with Worcestershire sauce. Set oven for 325 degrees. Then add two tablespoons of flour and brown in caste iron frying pan. Then add next 4 ingredients, stir and bring to a boil. Cover and put in oven for 1 hour. Spoon over noodles and enjoy. Mistakes and winging it sometimes make the best meals. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment