Thursday, January 22, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK-NOT DAY!!

      Now that I am close to reaching another milestone not necessarily to my liking, I made a major decision yesterday. It's similar to my significant's tradition of having dessert first before the main meal. It only applies, generally, when we are dining out and she stared doing it when she reached fifty! Her logic was she was always told as a kid she had to finish her meal before dessert.  Now no one can tell her she can't have dessert and besides she wants to enjoy it before it is gone or too full to enjoy it!

     My brilliant idea is based on the idea of WHY NOT! Starting this week-end, even though my birthday is not until the 27th of January, I will be planning dinners each evening around my top favorite meals. One or two of them I may have to go out to a restaurant, but, for at least one week I get to eat my favorites. One of them projected in the mix will be oyster soup. Yes, I have enjoyed this favorite a time or two by myself at the dinner table. 

     Besides, who said that you could only celebrate your birthday one day or evening. If they can have Black History month why can't there be Dennis Laverty Birthday Week? Give it a try and maybe we will be on to something!


No comments:

Post a Comment