Sunday, February 26, 2017

VIOLETS & MY MOM!


       This past week, the Burg Grocery has been selling the small Violet plants at a fairly brisk pace. Several customers have said that the reason they are buying them is because their mother had them. Oh, Ya!

           My mother had them all over it seemed as did her mother, my grandma Smith. I remember my mom having a tiered plant stand in the living room and it actually faced north from a huge front window. They got lots of indirect sunlight and always did extremely well. She gave them lots of attention, but, I am not sure she ever talked to them. 

           Through my lifetime, I never have had them around, but, I did like bigger tropical standing "manly" plants. OK,  I'm heading to the grocery store this afternoon so I hope they have one of those violet plants left!

No comments:

Post a Comment