Tuesday, February 28, 2017

REMEMBER THE DIAMONDS?


        This musical group was popular back in the late 1950's and early 60's. I still have their original "45"(the vinyl record with the big hole) of "Little Darlin' and The Stroll." Way back then, you sometimes heard them on the radio or bought the record, but, never saw them on TV to know what they looked like.

         One Sunday night they appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show. I was shocked when they came out because from their sound, I always thought they were "Black." To my surprise, they were a group of  guys from Canada. I think at the time I was not only surprised, but, in some way disappointed! 

          Think what the Black audience thought when they saw Buddy Holly for the first time at the Apollo Theater and he didn't realize either what the audience was going to be! How times have changed!


No comments:

Post a Comment