Sunday, February 19, 2017

HAVE YOU TRIED POPEYES?


       Today I drove to the Coralville Mall for a some clothes updating at the local Penney's. I had decided before going, that I would give Popeye's a try that has a new location just south of the shopping center. The new eatery just opened in late fall or early winter of last year.

       I know they have been located around the country and especially in the south for decades. I guess we are a little slow around here, although Coralville, Iowa, the suburb to Iowa City, has dozens of chain restaurants. 

       The seed was planted to eat there by one old boy that I met at a "Ma & Pa" eatery in Arkansas one morning at breakfast time. He had been all over the place, including North Dakota. Somehow, he mentioned that his favorite chicken place without a doubt was Popeye's. Maybe it was because there wasn't one in North Dakota and he was dying to get home and have some of his favorite chicken.

       I will say that their chicken was quite good and I will probably go back some day. I'm not sure it was or is as good when "The Colonel" was in his hey day. Their biscuit was a delight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment