Tuesday, February 28, 2017

HANCHER AUD. IN IC WAY COOL!


       When I ordered my ticket for Mama Mia way back in July of 2016, I not only wanted to see the live production of it for the third time, but, wanted to see Hancher Auditorium after its remodeling from the flood of 2008. 

       I was not disappointed! After living in Des Moines for many years attending many many events at the Civic Center, all I can say is that the Civic Center is still cool, but, Hancher is way way Cool! All I can say is if you ever get the opportunity to attend a performance of any kind there, you are in a real treat. 

         While Hancher seats only about 1,800 and the Civic Center seats 2,700, it does have a much warmer feel with the softer tans, browns, wood tones, and big city theater charm of the multiple balconies. We may be "just" from Iowa, but, we have lots to offer when it comes to "Culture!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment