Monday, February 27, 2017

GOT A HOT COOKIE!!


     I got to Hancher in Iowa City Sunday evening for the Mama Mia performance about an hour early as I wasn't sure exactly how to get there with a lot of street construction on Dubuque Ave. The performance was at 6:30 and I decided to get something to eat to tide me over till I got home later.

       Instead of bringing a snack from home, I chose to purchase an expensive $2.75 cookie there. It appeared to be just a big cookie with chocolate spread around. As I started to eat it, I was getting a warm or hot sensation in my mouth. I went back and asked one of the young ladies attending the concession stand what was in the cookie. She informed me that there was Rosemary or ?? in it.

        Good grief! It's one thing to be stupid enough to buy a $2.75 cookie, but, for them to sell a cookie that is "packing heat" is insane! I guess I am too much of a small town guy and just wasn't prepared for a "La-De Da" cookie! I'm sorry. I like my cookies sweet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment