Friday, February 24, 2017

DORIS & DENNIS DO HAVERHILL SOCIAL CLUB!


      Here's the good news first. I spent an enjoyable dinner hour yesterday with my big sister, Doris. I picked her up and we drove to Haverhill, just south of Marshalltown, and had a couple of pizzas at the Haverhill Social Club.

        This eatery is a place that would appear once you enter some place that would be in a much larger city. And, by the time we left before 6pm on a Thursday night,  the place was already three fourths full.

        We both had individual small pizzas with sodas and I had a small salad which was a good size and good variety of veggies. The bad news came next. The pizza lacked that "something taste" that makes a pizza a pizza. Maybe it was the lack of sauce with enough oregano? Don't get me wrong we both felt the pizza was OK, but, didn't compare to Zeno's in Marshalltown. 

          Some have complained about Zeno's "greasiness" due to the uncut provolone cheese, but, the grease on this pizza was way oozing all over the place. When ordering our drinks, Doris requested a small drink and because I simply said I wanted a beverage, they brought me a large drink and refills were $1.00.

          Our bill was $37.00 which seemed quite high for just two small pizzas, a salad, and two soft drinks. The one thing that maybe upset me the most was by me not requesting specifically the size of drink, they brought me a large one. 

        I am still happy that we gave it a shot as the overall dining experience was pleasant and just being with my sister will not be forgotten for quite a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment