Thursday, February 2, 2017

FROM GILDNER'S-"MOON WAS MADE OF CHEESE!"


      This past week a guy I was assisting with his groceries jokingly said that he was parked uptown near the cit square park. I just looked at him without a flinch-no chuckle or question!?

        It reminded me of a time when I was a young boy and went into Gildner's men's clothing store while my mother waited in the car,  to pick up a pair of trousers that were being altered. The clerk looked at me and said the pants would be ready in about "three weeks!" 

       I just nodded and turned to leave the store. He immediately said--"Hey kid, I suppose you would have believed me If I would have told you that the moon was made of cheese?" From that moment on, I always waited a second or so to determine if I was being put on!

        
     

No comments:

Post a Comment